The objective of the “Rational use of Energy” is to provide the students with advanced tools to deal with the open questions in the world energy field. In particular, the course aims at providing:
- A clear understanding of the world energetic scenario and the policies put in place for the Rational Use of Energy (energetic efficiency and behaviour modification).
- A knowledge of the technologies for the rational use of energy in buildings (low-energy dwellings) and in industrial installations (pinch technologies, energy storage and energy networks).
- A knowledge of the modern technologies for the distributed generation of heat and power (cogeneration, micro-cogeneration) and for energy storage and utilisation.
- A knowledge of the new available approaches for monitoring and managing energy consumption.
Notes on the evaluation 2014 – 2015: Pdf
- Introduction: Slides
- Water and Energy Management Systems: Slides
- Efficient Buildings: Slides
- Sustainable Transport: Slides
- Introduction to financial and economical concepts applicable to renewable energies: Slides and computation files
- Household energy consumption: Slides
- Heat pumps: Slides